Monday, January 25, 2010

xixi

When I first started I got 60 days in (out of the 90) and I had good results: if I remember correctly, lost 20-25lbs and went from 22-17% bodyfat (according to my $6 calipers, and I'm more fuzzy remembering this number than the weight). I think the best thing about it is Tony's attitude. While extremely cheesy (and somewhat annoying), I managed to stick with the workout routine religiously for those 60 days, before school and other factors left me exhausted and reduced my free time considerably. While some people use a gym membership to keep them motivated ("I'm paying for this," no non-workout distractions, etc), I found the ability to do an intense workout at home extremely motivating, as I could then take a shower (in my own shower) and immediately do whatever else, no additional commute necessary.

I've tried to pick it up a couple times between then (June of last year) and now, but only got a couple days in before giving up. I made an early New Year's resolution and restarted on Dec 28th, and have been going since. The first two weeks are TOUGH if you're out of shape (plyo, ugh), but start to get remarkably easier. Bring it!

fake edit: No comment on the diet plan, I didn't follow it. I've heard its a lot of food with lots of calories, so until you ramp up the intensity I'd probably reduce the intake a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment